Whether precision, profile, internal or external cylindrical grinding – the PROFIMAT MC is a highly efficient grinding centre for any application. This extremely compact travelling-column machine offers everything that modern production solutions require, with a machine width of just 2000 mm. Different spindle variants enable diverse applications: The five-axis CNC profile grinding machines in the series can optionally be equipped with a horizontal spindle for drive capacities up to 60 kW as well as a stationary or an NC-swivelling vertical spindle with grinding spindle speeds of up to 60,000 revolutions per minute. With a maximum cutting speed of 170 m/s, travelling-column machines are suitable for both conventional grinding tasks and for CD, IPD and all CBN methods. Equipped with the relevant accessories - such as automatic tooling change, for example – the PROFIMAT MC is even suitable for combination machining. With the aid of the professional Sinumerik 840D CNC control system from Siemens, virtually any grinding task is possible.
- Grinding range: 700 x 600 mm and 1.000 x 600
- X-axis: 700 mm and 1000 mm
- Y-axis: max. 550 mm
- Z-axis: max. 520 mm
- Grinding spindle drive power: 27.5 kW at 1500 1/min (opt. up to 60 kW)
- Max. grinding wheel diameter: 500 mm
- Max. grinding wheel width: 220 mm
(Subject to technical modifications)
The high-performance and exceptionally compact PROFIMAT MC production machine offers highest productivity and short auxiliary times.
Thanks to its wide range of application possibilities the machine has proven itself worldwide, not only in the turbine industry but also in the most varied fields of application – whether precision, profile, internal or external cylindrical grinding.
Features in this video:
- The tool changer - not just for grinding wheels, but also for cutting and drilling tools. A prerequisite for complete machining in one clamping. You will be able to significantly reduce your processing times.
- Proven grinding wheel cleaning system RazorTec® which leads to reduced grinding forces and 30% less grinding wheel wear